If you would like some help becoming familiar with SCBWI-NM, please read the information below and contact us to fill out the Buddy Request form.
Laurel Goodluck, Equity and Inclusion Chairperson email@example.com
Khadijah VanBrakle, Assistant Regional Advisor
You will be teamed up with an experienced member of our chapter, who will be a point of contact to answer questions and share insights. This person will help you discover how SCBWI-NM works and what our chapter has to offer.
HOW IT WORKS
- You will be assigned a buddy from our volunteer pool.
- Your buddy will share their email and phone number for communication, but you both should decide which communication method you prefer.
- Please note: The BUDDY SYSTEM is not a mentorship program where you are provided with someone to guide you in your craft; but rather a program to help you get to know SCBWI-NM.
- Length of time: 1-2 month, but you and your buddy can decide whether you’d like to extend the time or not.
- We ask that you fill out a brief questionnaire at the end of your time so we can continue to improve our program.