Date(s) - 12/08/2020
6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Let’s Kick 2020 out with a Year-End Celebration!
Bring your own cookies and meet on Zoom: December 8th
What? A Party on Zoom? — YES!
12 Words and/or 12 Lines Contest
There is an opportunity to participate in the 12 Words and/or 12 Lines Contest, (details below). Prizes to the winners are a $50 gift certificate or a book!
Time to Connect:
Connect with old friends and make some new. If there are a lot of us (and I hope there are!) we’ll divide into breakout rooms so we can spend time getting to know a few people better. Perhaps you’d like to share how things went for you this year, your goals for the new year, or perhaps a favorite book you read. This will be your time.
“Words are like spices. Too many is worse than too few.” —Joan Aiken
“The great artist is the simplifier.” —Vincent Van Gogh
12 words and/or 12 lines Contest
- Writers:Come up with a 12-word story or poem for kids. Remember this is only 12 WORDS not 12 lines.
- Illustrators:Come up with a 12-line illustration. Each of the 12 lines should be continuous, no breaks, and no shading. This is a simple drawing.
- Writer/illustrators:Create a 12-line drawing and an accompanying 12-word poem or story.
Prizes may include:
- A gift certificate to a local book store
- A gift certificate to Artisan
- Great Books on Children’s Books
The best in show will be featured in the Spring issue of the SCBWI-NM newsletter, E-lerts, our SCBWI-NM Facebook page, and the SCBWI-NM website.
Send Rachel an email by December 1st if you plan to participate: email@example.com
Deadline: December 8th at the Year-End Party
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the Zoom link!